This amazing vegan “steak” tartare packs all the flavor of a traditional meat-based tartare but has no meat or animal products in it and is 100% plant-based! Ideal for a quick snack, as a sandwich filling or to serve at parties…YUM! ??
- 1 cup brown lentils (or beans)
- 1 cup sun-dried tomatoes in olive oil (drain the oil)
- ⅓ cup roasted ground hazelnuts
- 1 small shallot
- 1 clove of garlic
- 1 tablespoon of Dijon mustard
- 1 teaspoon of smoked paprika powder
- 1 teaspoon capers (optional)
- 2 small pickles or 1 larger
- fresh parsley
- Pepper, salt
- Cook the lentils in salted water until soft. Drain and let it cool down.
- Put all the ingredients into a food processor and mix until almost smooth (you want to keep some texture).
- It can be served on toasted toast, crispy bread with vegan butter or a slice of avocado.