No-Bake Chocolate Peanut Butter Oatmeal Bars! This simple cookie recipe comes together in 10 minutes, it is gluten-free, refined sugar-free, vegan-friendly and super delicious! You will love them.
- FOR THE OAT MIXTURE
- 3 cups quick rolled oats (gluten-free, if needed)
- 1/2 cup coconut oil
- 1 cup organic medjool dates (pitted)
- 2 tablespoons agave syrup
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla bean powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- FOR THE CHOCOLATE LAYER
- 1 cup chopped dark chocolate
- 1 cup peanut butter (or cashew butter, almond butter, etc.)
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- CHOCOLATE LAYER Add all the ingredients for the chocolate layer to a small saucepan; gently stir everything together on low heat and mixing until the chocolate is melted. Once everything is blended together well, remove from the stove top and set aside.
- OAT MIXTURE Add all the ingredients for the oat mixture to a food processor and process until it turns into a moist, crumbly texture - but taking care to not over process the oats, which will turn them into oat flour. Process just enough to break down the dates and blend everything together.
- PUTTING IT TOGETHER Press about half of your mixture into the bottom of your prepared baking dish with a greased spatula. (Reserve the other half to sprinkle on top).
- Pour the chocolate peanut butter mixture gently and slowly over the bottom layer.
- Using your hands, take a handful of the remaining 1/2 of the oat mixture at a time and crumble it on top of the chocolate layer mixture until the chocolate layer is completely covered with the top layer of oat mixture.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight (until chocolate is set).
- Let the bars come to room temperature again before cutting into bars! Serve and enjoy!