Warning! This recipe is extremely addictive. Moist banana bread with its faintly exotic flavour is delicious by itself, cut in thick, generous slices. But add chocolate and peanut butter to the mix and you are guaranteed to finish the whole loaf.
- Wet ingredients:
- 3 medium/large ripe bananas mashed
- ½ cup peanut butter
- 1 tablespoon melted & cooled coconut oil
- Splash of vanilla extract
- 1 tsp distilled white or apple cider vinegar
- 1/2 - 3/4 cup plant-based milk
- Dry ingredients:
- 250 g spelt flour
- 50g coconut sugar
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp baking soda
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 cup dark chocolate (cut into small pieces)
- 1/4 cup peanut butter
- ⅓ cup of banana chips
- Preheat oven to 175 degrees C and spray your bread dish with coconut oil OR line it with parchment paper
- In a food processor mix together wet ingredients.
- Once creamy, pour the mixture into a medium mixing bowl, add in dry ingredients then mix together until well combined.
- Pour into bread dish and bake for 20 minutes.
- While the bread is baking, chop up dark chocolate.After the bread has been baking for 20 minutes, top with chopped dark chocolate, peanut butter and banana chips.
- Bake for another 20 minutes then cool for a few minutes and enjoy!