A great twist on classic basil pesto. Vegan, colorful and very tasty! Perfect to use as you would any pesto – with pasta, on toast or pizza. Add to your salad or mix it with roasted potatoes.
- 2 medium red beets, cooked or roasted coarsely chopped
- 2 garlic cloves
- 1/4 cup walnuts (or pine nuts), toasted
- 1/3 cup Nutritional Yeast
- 2 Tbsp lemon juice
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- salt and pepper to taste
- Add all ingredients except for the oil to a food processor or blender and pulse several times.
- Leaving the food processor (or blender) running, slowly add the olive oil until all ingredients are well combined. If the pesto is too thick for your blender to process, add a small amount of water until you have a smooth pesto-like sauce.
- Season to taste with kosher salt and pepper.