Super-speedy, dead easy and insanely delicious VEGAN BANOFFEE PIE (Caramel Banana Cream Pie) – the perfect last minute healthy dinner party dessert. ? ?
Vegan Banoffee Pie
- 7 vegan cookies (digestive)
- 1 Tbsp shredded coconut
- 2 - 3 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 ¼ cup dates
- 2 Tbsp Peanut butter
- 1 Tbsp coconut cream
- 1 tsp lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp vanilla (optional)
- 1/4 tsp salt
- 2 bananas (sliced)
- Whipped coconut Cream
- cocoa powder
- Line a 18 cm round tart pan with a round piece of parchment paper on the bottom and set aside.
- Preheat the oven to 175°C.
- Put the cookies in a plastic bag and using a rolling pin or other tool to crumble them. Once your cookie crumbs are ready, just mix them with shredded coconut and melted coconut oil. Make sure you mix well and get all those crumbs well coated.
- Press the mixture into the sides of the tart pan.
- Bake about 4 minutes or until crust is golden brown.
- Place the dates in a bowl, cover with boiling water and leave to soak for 15 min. Drain off the water, then put the dates in a food processor along with all the remaining caramel ingredients and process until smooth. Spread the caramel onto the chilled crust.
- Slice your bananas and then lightly brush them with freshly squeezed lemon juice to avoid discoloration. Spread a layer of banana on top of the caramel layer. Then spread your whipped cream on top and then add the rest of the sliced banana and finish off with some cacao powder.