Need a protein-packed savoury snack?
This vegan “fish” pâté is just the recipe for you! It is simple to make, nutrient rich, gluten free and totally fabulous!
Sunflower Seed Pate (Vegan "Fish" Pate)
- 2 cups sunflower seeds
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 Tbsp Olive Oil
- 1 1/2 tsp Salt
- 1 Tbsp Capers
- 1 Tbsp Mustard
- 2 Tbsp Lemon Juice
- 200 ml Water
- 1 tsp curry powder
- 1 tsp Paprika Powder
- Fresh Parsley
- Oregano, Thyme
- pepper / chili
- 1/2 medium onion, chopped (optional)
- Toast the sunflower seeds in a dry pan for a few minutes, until they are just starting to brown.
- Heat the olive oil over medium heat. Add the onion, garlic and 1/2 tsp salt and saute for 5 to 6 minutes, or until slightly browned.
- Buzz the toasted seeds, sauteed onion and garlic together with 100 ml water in a food processor. Blend until desired consistency is reached.
- Add all of the other ingredients ( except the 1/2 medium onion) together with 100 ml water and buzz to pate consistency, leaving some texture. Taste and adjust with a few pinches of salt, and more lemon juice/water if needed.
- OPTIONAL: Add some chopped raw onion for the crunchy texture.
- Serve and enjoy!
Watch how to make this recipe: