Blueberry – Banana Jam free of added sugars and pectin free is a super delicious recipe all jam lovers will enjoy!
Sugar Free Blueberry – Banana Jam
- 1 kg blueberry
- 1 kg of bananas
- 1 tbsp rum
- 6 tsp agar-agar
- 1/2 cup pitted soft (or soaked) dates
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 3 tbsp lemon juice
- Put the blueberries into a nonreactive pot. Add Add chopped bananas, dates, agar-agar, vanilla and lemon juice. Simmer for 10 minutes.
- At the end of cooking add 1 tablespoon of rum and blend the jam. Remove from the heat.
- Immediately pour the hot jam into hot jars. Clean the rims with a clean, damp cloth or paper towel if necessary, then seal the jars.
- Place lids on top and cover the jars with a blanket until they are completely cooled. The purpose of the blanket is to allow the jars to cool slowly and help the lids seal properly.