This Easter, impress your guests with puff pastry carrots filled with delicious carrot spread or your favorite dip, creamy salad, peanut butter, lettuce, cream cheese… the list is endless. They’re simple to make, delicious to taste and so fun to look at!
- Vegan puff pastry
- 2 cups carrot
- 3 cloves of garlic
- 2 Tbsp tahini
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1/2 tsp salt (plus additional to taste)
- 1/3 cup pre-soaked cashews (optional)
- fresh parsley
- Heat oven to 200°C / 400°F. Roll sheets of foil from shorter ends into cone-shaped molds. Unroll puff pastry on work surface. Use pizza cutter or knife to cut dough lengthwise into strips.
- Wrap 1 strip around each foil mold to create carrot shape. Place 2-3 cm apart on ungreased cookie sheet.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until golden brown. Transfer to cooling rack; cool completely before removing foil molds.
- Prepare the filling:
- Cook the carrots along with garlic, stirring, until soft and glistening, about 10 – 12 minutes.
- Once carrots and garlic have cooled, add them to the bowl of a food processor with the remaining ingredients. Process until smooth. Taste and adjust spices as necessary.
- Pipe or spoon the carrot mixture into cavity of each puff pastry carrot. Top with 2 sprigs parsley for carrot top.
Watch how to make this recipe: