Hummus that’s bursting with flavor, both sweet and spicy.
It’s vegan, healthy, and packed full of deliciousness! ?
Spicy Sweet Potato Hummus
- 1 medium sweet potato, peeled and cubed into 1/2 inch pieces (about 2 cups)
- 3 Tbsp olive oil
- 2 cups cooked chickpeas
- 3 Tbsp tahini
- 2-3 cloves garlic, peeled
- juice of 1 lemon
- ground sea salt, to taste
- 1 tsp cayenne pepper (start with less, season to taste)
- black pepper, to taste
- ½ tsp smoked paprika
- ¼ tsp cumin
- ¼ -1/2 cup soy milk
- extra olive oil, mix of seeds, pepper, minced fresh parsley for garnish (optional)
- Toss the sweet potatoes with 1 tablespoon olive oil and salt/pepper to taste. Roast on a rimmed baking sheet at 200°C for 20 minutes, or until potatoes are tender and beginning to brown.
- Remove from oven and allow potatoes to cool.
- While the sweet potatoes are cooling, toss all of the other ingredients except soy milk into a food processor (if you’re sensitive to spice, you may want to save the spices for last and add them to taste). Once the sweet potatoes have cooled add them to the food processor.
- While food processor is running, add soy milk 1/4 cup at a time, until hummus has reached desired consistency.
- Blend well, and serve!