With just a little bit of imagination and a few simple ingredients you can transform the everyday banana into something really delicious. ?
SPICED CARAMELIZED BANANAS WITH COCONUT YOGURT
- 2 bananas, cut length way
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp agave syrup (or less, depending on how sweet you want them)
- ¼ cup orange juice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract or fresh vanilla bean
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 2 star anise (optional)
- to serve:
- chopped walnuts
- 1 cup coconut yogurt
- In large skillet over medium heat, combine, agave syrup, orange juice & spices and bring to a gentle boil.
- Add banana halves, flat side down and cook until golden brown. While cooking, drizzle some of the syrup from the pan over the bananas.
- Serve with fresh coconut yogurt, chopped walnuts and drizzle with some agave syrup.