Cure your chocolate cravings with a slice of this yummy chocolate banana cake that’s both vegan and gluten-free!
Raw Chocolate Banana Cake
- FOR THE CRUST
- 1 cup hazelnuts
- 1 cup almonds (better if they are peeled)
- 1 1/2 cups dates
- 2 tablespoons coconut butter
- 2 tablespoons water
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla powder
- FOR THE FILLING
- 250 g bananas
- FOR THE CHOCOLATE CREAM
- 2 1/2 cups cashews
- 1/2 cup cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup coconut or cocoa butter
- 1/2 cup sweetener (agave syrup, maple syrup ...)
- a few drops of orange or mint flavoring (optional)
- water, if necessary
- Soak the hazelnuts, almonds and cashews for 1–8 hours in a bowl of water.
- For the crust: in a food processor, chop the almonds and hazelnuts into small pieces. Add the dates, coconut butter, water and vanilla powder and process until the mixture holds together when you press it with your fingers.
- Press into a 9-inch cake dish. Refrigerate.
- For the filling: Slice the banana and arrange the slices onto the cake base.
- For the chocolate cream: Drain the cashews. Using a hand mixer or a powerful blender, combine all the chocolate cream ingredients and blend until smooth. Add water or coconut oil as needed. Pour over the banana layer and refrigerate for 1 hour.
- Decorate the cake as you desire.