A very basic and quick vegan & raw apple strudel recipe. The best part of this dessert is that it is guilt-free!
Raw Apple Strudel
- 1 1/2 cup ground almonds or hazelnuts
- 1 cup dates
- 3 organic apples (medium size)
- ground cinnamon
- 1/2 cup raisins
- juice of 1 lemon
- 2 tablespoons coconut flour for topping
- Soak dates and raisins for about 4 hours.
- Place Almonds (or hazelnuts) and soaked and drained dates in a food processor.
- Process until the mixture sticks together and the dates are well processed.
- Place dough between two sheets of baking paper and roll out to a few millimeters thick rectangle.
- Grate the apples and mix with soaked and drained raisins. Sprinkle with cinnamon and drizzle with lemon juice.
- Stir gently. Dump appley-mixture on top of crust. Leave 5 cm edge of the dough free of filling.
- Carefully fold the end of the strudel dough over the apples.
- As you roll, tuck in the edges of the strudel dough so apples don’t fall out. Sprinkle the top with coconut and serve.
- This raw apple pie recipe should always be kept in the fridge.