Everyone loves this super healthy vegan soup, perfect for a light lunch or dinner.
Quick & Easy Carrot and Cilantro Soup
- 1 Tbs olive oil
- 1 bunch cilantro, finely chopped
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 5 large carrots chopped roughly
- 1 medium orange, squeezed
- 3 1/2 cups vegetable stock
- 3 Tbsp coconut cream (optional)
- TO SERVE
- carrot strips, roasted
- extra cilantro leaves
- white and black sesame seeds
- Heat olive oil over medium high heat in a large saucepan.
- Cook onion, season with salt, add carrots and turn heat up and allow to cook for a couple of minutes. Let it get really hot and the carrots begin to brown.
- Add finely chopped cilantro, orange juice and pepper.
- Deglaze the saucepan with a little stock.
- Add enough stock (about 3 cups) to cover the ingredients in the pan and cook until the carrots are tender – about 15 minutes.
- Once the carrots are soft add coconut cream (optional) and puree in a food processor (or use an immersion/stick blender) so that it is nice and smooth. Add more stock if needed for desired consistency.
- Check seasoning and adjust if needed.
- Ladle soup into bowls and garnish with sesame seeds, roasted carrot strips and a fresh cilantro.