For a healthier twist on classic Valentine’s and Easter candies, these MINI VEGAN NO-BAKE CARROT CAKES are an adorable way to celebrate precious moments with your loved ones.
Mini Vegan Carrot Cakes
- CARROT CAKE
- ½ cup of soft dates
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil, melted and cooled
- 1/4 cup shredded coconut
- 1 big carrot, chopped
- 3/4 cup oat flour
- ¼ cup dried apricots
- Pinch of ginger
- Pinch of nutmeg
- Pinch of cinnamon
- CASHEW CREAM FROSTING
- 1/2 cup raw cashews soaked overnight in warm water
- 1.5 tbsp coconut oil melted and cooled
- 1 tbsp agave (raw honey or maple syrup will work)
- 1 tbsp unsweetened coconut milk (or any milk)
- 1/2 tsp vanilla essence
- 1 Tbsp lemon juice
- CHOCOLATE GLAZE
- 70 g dairy-free semi-sweet dark chocolate finely chopped
- 1 Tbsp coconut milk
- CARROT CAKE Line an 8×8 baking dish with wax paper.
- Add all ingredients into a food processor and pulse until dough is formed.
- Press the mixture into your lined baking dish. Put it in the freezer for 30 min. Then remove from the freezer and use a heart shaped cookie cutter to cut into hearts (or cut into any desired shape).
- CASHEW CREAM FROSTING Add all ingredients to food processor and pulse until completely creamy.
- CHOCOLATE GLAZE In heatproof bowl set over saucepan of hot (not boiling) water, heat chocolate with coconut milk, whisking, until melted, about 5 minutes. Let cool for 15 minutes.
- PUTTING IT TOGETHER Pour desired coating over mini cakes. Decorate and place in freezer for about one hour. Enjoy!