If you feel like eating something sweet and light at the same time, these yummy little coconut apricot bites are for you! A great treat to add to the lunch boxes or have them on hand in the fridge as a healthy snack option. Nut Free, Gluten Free, Refined Sugar Free, Vegan! Perfect snacking material? I think yessss. 😉
- ½ cup / 100 g millet, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup coconut milk (or water)
- ¾ cup / 150 g dried apricots, chopped into small chunks
- pinch of salt
- 2 Tbsp agave syrup
- 1 Tbsp coconut oil
- 2 cups / 120 g shredded coconut
- shredded coconut, for rolling
- Place millet, coconut milk, water and pinch of salt in a small saucepan on medium heat and cook for approximately 15 minutes until the grain has puffed up.
- Five minutes before it is cooked, add dried apricots, agave syrup, shredded coconut and coconut oil.
- Continue cooking until the liquid disappears. Let it cool down.
- Then form the mixture into 2 -3 cm or so balls and roll in the shredded coconut. Enjoy!