A healthy version of everyone’s favourite chocolates! Just like the real thing, but then full with nourishing ingredients. The well known crunchy coating, and smooth soft chocolate on the inside dipped in chocolate and hazelnuts.
- ½ cup medjool dates
- ⅓ cup roasted hazelnuts (skins removed)
- 2 ½ tablespoons raw cacao powder
- 2 cups cooked black beans
- 1 tablespoon melted coconut oil
- 1 tablespoons agave syrup
- Chocolate coating:
- ¼ cup melted coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon agave syrup
- ¼ cup raw cacao powder
- 12 whole roasted hazelnuts for the filling
- ¼ cup hazelnuts (roughly chopped)
- Balls: Add the dates to a food processor and process until the dates become a paste mixture. Place the date paste into a bowl.
- Add the roasted hazelnuts to the food processor and process until it becomes smooth as butter.
- Drain and rinse black beans and pat dry with a paper towel.
- Add all the ingredients, including the agave syrup and black beans to the food processor and processor until smooth.
- Put the chocolate truffle mixture into the freezer for more or less 1 hour to set.
- Chocolate coating: Combine the coconut oil with the agave syrup.
- Add the raw cacao powder and stir until all is well combined and the chocolate mixture is smooth. Set aside.
- Assembly: Roll 1 tablespoon of mixture into a ball and poke a roasted hazelnut into the centre. Roll into a perfect ball and than dip into the chocolate coating.
- Roll into the hazelnut coating and then (if you wish) into the chocolate again or leave the coating crunchy.
- Repeat with the remaining mixture.
- Freeze for at least 1 hour to set. Enjoy!