These balls of bliss will keep your body happy while keeping your tastebuds happy too! ?
Fab & Fit Whole Grain Spelt Balls
- 250 g of dry spelt berries
- 100 g of rasins (soaked in warm water with rum for a few hours)
- 100 g of ground walnuts
- 50 ml maple or agave syrup
- ginger to taste
- coconut flour, nuts, cocoa powder
- For best results, soak spelt berries in water overnight. Drain Spelt berries and add to boiling water. Cook until done, ~40 minutes. Drain and let cool.
- Place the cooked spelt berries in a food processor and pulse to chop finely. Add chopped raisins, maple or agave syrup and ground walnuts and spices.
- Mix well. Leave the mixture in the fridge for an hour or two. (not necessary)
- Scoop out 1 heaped tablespoon of the mixture and roll into a ball using wet hands.
- You may roll them in the cacao powder, shredded coconut, or any other toppings of choice.
- Place your bites in a container in the refrigerator or freezer for at least 30 minutes, then serve!