This roasted cauliflower and avocado soup so creamy, delicious and satisfying – perfect comforting plant-based weeknight dinner.
Creamy Roasted Cauliflower and Avocado Soup
- 2 tbsp oil (avocado, extra virgin, coconut, etc.)
- 1 large onion (roughly chopped)
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1/2 - 1 jalapeño (roughly chopped)
- 1 large cauliflower, cut into bite-size florets
- 1 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp black pepper
- 1/2 tsp cumin
- 5 cups hot water
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 2 avocados
- Preheat oven to 200 degrees C.
- Place the cauliflower in a small roasting pan. Drizzle with oil and season with salt, and pepper; toss to coat.
- Roast the cauliflower in the preheated oven stirring every 10 minutes until golden brown and tender, 20 to 30 minutes. Remove from the oven and set aside.
- Add oil, onion, garlic, jalapeño, salt, freshly ground black pepper, and cumin to a large pot and sauté for 5 minutes over medium heat. Add in the roasted cauliflower and sauté for 5 more minutes. Pour in the hot water and lemon juice. Cover and simmer on medium heat for 5 minutes. Lastly, turn off the heat and add in the avocado.
- Then blend using an immersion blender, countertop blender, food processor, or whatever kitchen gadget you have until the soup is smooth and creamy.
Recipe inspred by: