This light, creamy and totally dreamy Cauliflower Alfredo sauce is 100% dairy-free and ready in 15 minutes. You’ll be amazed at how tasty vegan can be!
Creamy Cauliflower Sauce
- 3 cups cauliflower florets
- 4 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 3-4 cups vegetable broth or water
- 1/2 teaspoon salt (more to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon pepper (more to taste)
- 1/3 cup plant-based milk (more to taste)
- Optional additions: 1 tsp soy sauce, 1 tsp onion powder, 1 tbsp nutritional yeast
- Garlic: Saute the minced garlic with the coconut oil in a nonstick skillet over low heat. Cook for several minutes or until the garlic is soft and fragrant but not browned (browned or burnt garlic will taste bitter). Remove from heat and set aside.
- Cauliflower: Bring the water or vegetable broth to a boil in a large pot. Add the cauliflower and cook, covered, for 7-10 minutes or until cauliflower is fork tender.
- Sauce: Use a slotted spoon to transfer the cauliflower pieces to the blender. Add sauteed garlic, salt, pepper, milk (and some optional additions, if you desire.)
- Blend for several minutes until the sauce is very smooth, adding more water or milk depending on how thick you want the sauce.
- Pour over your favourite pasta, pizza or rice & enjoy!
Watch how to make this recipe: