Beet Hummus, with its stunning natural bright pink color and refreshing sweet flavor, is an easy-to-make twist on the traditional version. Perfect as an appetizer, snack or little lunch.
- 1 can (400g) chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 250g cooked beetroot
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 4-5 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 2 tsp ground cumin
- 50 ml olive oil
- 50 ml plant-based milk
- Place all the ingredients in the bowl of a food processor and process until smooth.
- If it's dry or you want to thin it out and make it more creamy, add more oil or milk, until you like the consistency.
- Adjust seasonings, adding more salt, cumin or lemon juice if needed.
- Refrigerate or use immediately.
- Beetroot hummus will keep in the fridge, covered well, for 4-5 days.